Friday, November 21, 2008
These ornaments sure make it smell like Christmas in my house. I first made these years ago when my daughters were in grade school. We got a bunch of cookie cutters at a garage sale and went to town making them. In the picture are a few that they made then. And the three of us made more a couple of years ago. It's amazing how well they keep their scent. Every year when I put them on my tree the whole room smells like cinnamon. I store them in zip lock bags. Here's the recipe on how to make them.
Cinnamon Dough Ornaments
1. Mix 1/2 c. ground cinnamon and 1/2 c. applesauce until it makes a dough.
2. Sprinkle cinnamon on work surface and roll out dough. You can place dough between wax paper and roll out.
3. Cut desired shapes with cookie cutters.
4. Poke hole in shape with toothpick for hanging the ornament; for a larger hole, use a drinking straw.
5. Place in dehydrator or 150 degree F oven until dry.
6. Use spring or ribbon to hang your ornaments.